Government: Unitary parliamentary republic
Official languages: Bulgarian
Total area: 42,854.9 sq mi
Population: 6,951,482 (2019)
Time zone: Europe/Sofia (GMT +2)
GDP:$77.782 billion (2021)
Currency: Lev Bulgaria (
Bulgaria, officially the Republic of Bulgaria, is a country located in south-east Europe. Bulgaria is bordered by Romania to the north, Serbia and North Macedonia to the west, Greece and Turkey to the south, and the Black Sea to the east.
- Bulgaria has been a member of the European Union since 2007.
- Expected to be ratified as a member of the Schengen area soon.
- Is one of the countries that have an E2 Visa Program treaty with the US.
The Bulgarian government allows foreign investors who buy investment fund certificates at €512,000 (BGN 1 million) and hold for 5 years to apply for a permanent resident card, and after 5 years, to apply for Bulgarian citizenship:
- Application for permanent residence including married children (3 generations); and
- There is no requirement to live in Bulgaria.
- There is no age limit, language, length of residence, Education level, or Management/Business experience.
- If investors want to get a Bulgarian passport more quickly, they can choose to invest an additional €512,000 within 18 months.
€512,000: 5 years
€1,024,000: 18 months
Citizenship for the
Visa free travel to
REAL ESTATE IN REPUBLIC OF BULGARIA
Pictures of real estate in Republic of Bulgaria.
PASSPORT AND VISA FREE TRAVELS
Passports of different countries allow their citizens visa-free entry to a certain number of countries and territories.