Canada is a member of G8 and NAFTA – the country for many year known as the best living standard place, clean environment and best education system, civil liberties, transparence government and free economic system.
Canada is not only a country with stable contestant in all those categories but also diverse and rich in society, history, and nature. And, for many, it is the country that they chose to be their second home through various immigration programs and later become a Canadian.
Quebec investor program has been introduce to the market from 1986 and help many investors from different countries to immigrant to Canada. In return the program has been successfully support many small and medium size companies in Quebec. The program requirement is as followed:
- demonstration of business experience;
- net worth of at least CA$ 2,000,000 that was gained legally, and;
- willing to invest CA$ 1,200,000.
The investment fund will be kept for 5 years with no interest and fully return after year 5.
- Under the full investment option, the applicants deposit CAD 1,200,000 for a period of five years. At the end of this period, the full amount is returned to the investor without accrued interest.
- Finance option allows investor pay off one time CAD 350,000 to the appointed bank or financial institutions.
BENEFITS OF CANADIAN PR AND PASSPORT
- World-class healthcare system, one of the best in the world;
- Excellent education system, one of the most respected in the world;
- Cultural, ethnic and religious tolerance entrenched in the constitution;
- One of the safest countries to live in, offering a high quality of life;
- Unspoiled environment with strict environmental controls;
- One of the best passport for travel and can visit 172 countries visa free.
CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION REQUIREMENT
Investors and their family members who have accumulated completed 1,095 days lived in Canada for three out of five years (1,095 days) preceding the application is qualify for the citizenship application.
Candidate also has to demonstrated in English and/or French skills, have no criminal record and knowledge of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, as well as an understanding of Canada’s history, values, institutions and symbols,
FEDERAL START-UP VISA PROGRAM
Express Entry – French Speaking Skilled Workers (Permanent Residence)
Federal Start-Up Visa (SUV) Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:
- are innovative
- can create jobs for Canadians
- can compete on a global scale
In order to qualify, you need to:
- Have a Letter of Support from a designated angel investor group, venture capital fund or business incubator
- Meet the ownership requirementsfor a qualifying business
- Get scores of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5in all four categories for English.
Designated organizations are business groups that are approved to invest in or support possible start-ups through the Start-up Visa Program.
If an organization chooses to support your business idea, it’ll give you a Letter of Support.
Angel Investor’s start-up cost structure for each applicant is:
- $75,000 CAD Angel fund membership fee
- $20,000 CAD Angel Investor Group processing fee
- $70,000 CAD Capital Injection for 10% share ownership in the proposed Start-Up business
The Angel Investor will then be investing $75,000 CAD to your start-up business to be established in Canada, become a partner, provide guidance and expertise and will support every applicant to get immigration. The current processing time for start-up applications take up to 12-16 months for a decision.
A start-up business proposal can include up to 4 participants (each at minimum 10% equity ownership) other than the founder.
Link for reference