ANTIGUA & BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
WHY ANTIGUA & BARBUDA?
The combined size of 442 square kilometers and a population of over 80,000 make Antigua & Barbuda the ninth-largest country by size in the Caribbean. The country’s economic citizenship program facilitates the comfort of visa-free travel to more than 100 countries.
Antigua & Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship, which can prove advantageous for business expansion and tax relief. Other benefits include the following:
- Application processing within three to four months.
- Dependents are children under 28 and parents or grandparents over 58.
- No requirement to travel to Antigua & Barbuda during the application process.
- No interview, education, or managerial experience required.
- Visa-free travel to more than 100 countries, including the Schengen zone, the U.K., Hong Kong, Singapore, and more.
- No tax on worldwide income.
Antigua & Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 2012. To qualify for citizenship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be of outstanding character.
- Hold no criminal record.
- Have excellent health.
- Have a high personal net worth.
- Reside with the family members who are included in the application in the country for a minimum of 5 days within a period of five years.
- As well as fulfill one of the investment options below additionally:
a. National Development Fund Contribution or Charitable Donation
High net worth individuals may choose to make a monetary contribution of US$100,000 to the National Development Fund or an approved charity.
b. Real Estate Investment
Applicants may purchase property valued at a minimum of US$400,000 in a preapproved real estate development area. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of five years. Property registration, processing fees, and taxes may be paid in addition to the property purchase.
Until 31st October 2020, there is a Limited Time Offer (LTO); Two (2) applications from related parties can make a joint investment, with each applicant investing a minimum of US $200,000 in order to qualify.
c. Business Establishment
Applicants may invest US$1.5 million to establish a business. Two or more applicants may make a joint business investment with an individual threshold of at least US$400,000 and a total investment of at least US$5 million.
Antigua & Barbuda’s restricted countries’ list of citizen for the Citizenship by investment program (Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan) but who have migrated before the age of majority and/or have maintained permanent residence in Canada, The United Kingdom, The United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, and The United Arab Emirates for a period of not less than 10 years and maintain no economic ties to any restricted country may qualify for application.
- Government: Unitary parliamentary constitutional monarchy
- Capital: Saint John’s
- Official languages: English
- Total area: 70 sq mi
- Population: 96,286
- Time zone: UTC-4; summer: UTC-3
- GDP: $1.717 billion
- Tiền tệ: USD, XCD